Warming Up

Warming Up

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Guess The Trumpet Player

Hey Kids, it’s time for the second installment of “Guess The Trumpet Player.”  Click the link (it’s safe), click play, listen, guess the trumpet player.  The first person to leave the correct name of this trumpet player in the comments section wins a CD – Outside Pants Vol. 1 – Old School Players.  The contest ends with Monday’s post.

BTW - I consider this recording to be one of my all-time favorites (listen to the arrangement - wow!).  If this trumpet player had never recorded anything else but this one tune, I would rank he/she as one of the best ever.  Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.box.net/shared/gcoao9caao     

4 comments:

  1. I can't guess since you told me. Did anybody win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone guessed correctly last week, but this week's contest does not have a winner....yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    The arrangement sounds like Gil Evans, but I'm afraid I don't know the trumpeter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, great ears! Absolutely this is a Gil Evans arrangement. Gil on piano too. The answer is coming soon...

    ReplyDelete